Monday, May 12, 2008

Life is Good


I am a "classic silver cream tabby" cat with swirling patterns on my sides and back; I look like a marbleized cake. My greenish-yellow eyes (the most common eye color) are quite expressive, and I have the tabby “M” marking over my eyes. I have been told I am very photogenic; actually I am quite a ham in front of the camera, as you will soon see.

I just found out that The Tabby Cat (Felis familiaris) was designated the official state cat in 1988, in response to the wishes of the schoolchildren of Massachusetts. How cool is that!

About one week after my arrival, a padded windowsill shelf was attached to one of my favorite watching windows. The shelf provides me a complete view of the backyard of my new home. I watch turkeys, deer, squirrels, chipmunks, groundhogs, rabbits, coyote (I don’t like them much), fox, and lots of songbirds. Life is good.

No comments: